Well, Apple Inc. will be getting bigger! It was just announced in the Statesman that Apple will be adding 3,600 new jobs in Austin over the next 10 years.
There are two reasons I care about this:
One: the betterment for my fellow neighbors is great! We all want to work, live well, and enjoy the city. Jobs provide life, so love seeing them come to the country’s south side version of Simi Valley, that’s sweet….
Two: where there are jobs, real estate is healthy. That’s one of the reasons Austin has sustained so well during the housing crisis. Jobs have continued to blossum here, so too has the housing market.
As we enter 2012, we are seeing the buyers market turn into a sellers market; less inventory and still same amount of buyers. Sellers know are beginning to have the advantage here. And it’s been awhile since that’s been the case…..
So, thanks Apple. Look forward to having you here for awhile…..
- 05/22/2012 • ACL lineup announced 2012
- 02/29/2012 • february housing trends in Austin
- 02/08/2012 • how new laws can affect you….
- 10/04/2011 • …this is a big deal
- 01/28/2011 • ‘shrinking’ the state
- 01/18/2011 • 7-story building approved in South Austin
- 12/10/2010 • F1 designers begin
- 11/17/2010 • Lack’s Furniture bankrupt
- 11/05/2010 • art in public places
- 09/07/2010 • Agave-Alternative Modern Community
- 08/25/2010 • First Solar Development in TX
- 08/17/2010 • Whole Foods Expanding
- 08/10/2010 • Formula One doesn’t want to be in NY
- 08/01/2010 • its been six years but …