AUSTIN (KXAN) – The Austin City Limits Music Festival lineup was announced at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.
The big act that was rumored turned out to be official.
The Sunday night headliner will be the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young and Crazy Horse will be Saturday night, and the Black Keys on Friday.
Those are just three of the 130 bands playing during the festival.
For those who attended SXSW many of the same bands from that festival are playing at ACL.
Also a lot of the groups booked at Lollapalooza are coming to ACL because both festivals are produced by the same company.
Still, tickets will sell out.
“People will buy tickets to ACL, regardless of the lineup. It sells out every year before they announce the bands. Part of it is more about the experience than the actual bands that are playing,” said Austin American- Statesman music writer Peter Mongillo.
For those on ACL’s e-list another round of three-day passes go on sale at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The Austin City Limits Music Festival will happen Oct. 12 through Oct. 14 in Zilker Park.
Headlining lineup and other mentionables:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse
- The Black Keys
- Jack White
- Florence + The Machine
- The Avett Brothers
- Iggy & The Stooges
- The Roots
- The Shins
- The Civil Wars
- Tegan and Sara
- Childish Gambino
- Two Door Cinema Club
- Thievery Corporation
- The Afghan Whigs
- Crystal Castles
- Andrew Bird
- Gary Clark Jr.
- Band of Skulls
- Esperanza Spalding
- Alabama Shakes
- 03/09/2012 • apple’s are bigger in austin
- 02/29/2012 • february housing trends in Austin
- 02/08/2012 • how new laws can affect you….
- 10/04/2011 • …this is a big deal
- 01/28/2011 • ‘shrinking’ the state
- 01/18/2011 • 7-story building approved in South Austin
- 12/10/2010 • F1 designers begin
- 11/17/2010 • Lack’s Furniture bankrupt
- 11/05/2010 • art in public places
- 09/07/2010 • Agave-Alternative Modern Community
- 08/25/2010 • First Solar Development in TX
- 08/17/2010 • Whole Foods Expanding
- 08/10/2010 • Formula One doesn’t want to be in NY
- 08/01/2010 • its been six years but …